Debt and Money Advice
CMA Debt Advice Centre
CHAT offers Debt and Money Advice to help people escape from the blight of indebtedness by providing free, unconditional, fully confidential advice and practical support.
Our fully trained debt advisors can offer you advice, specific to your needs and our advisers will give as much time and support as they are able to, in order to help you become debt free, whilst working towards financial stability.
What to expect from our advice process
- You can talk through your circumstances with our advisers who will support you in assessing your income and exploring options you may have for bringing additional income to your household.
- We will move on to look at essential bills and support you with ideas for reducing areas of expenditure.
- The next stage will be to look at your debts and sort them into priority and non-priority. The priority debts have the biggest consequences if you don’t pay them and will be dealt with first.
- Non-priority debts will then be looked at and a Standard Financial Statement will be produced for you that can be sent to your creditors so that they are aware of your exact financial circumstances.
- Then the different options for resolving your debts will be discussed with you to decide as to the best way forward.
This process may take several appointments and during the process you will also be taught budgeting and money management skills, to ensure you have control over your finances, enabling you to remain debt free in the future.
CHAT is a Community Money Advice centre and you can find more information by following this link from their website:
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority