Debt and Money Advice
CMA Debt Advice Centre
CHAT offers Debt and Money Advice providing free, unconditional, fully confidential advice and practical support. We are pleased to be the local Community Money Advice Centre.
Our fully trained advisors can offer you advice, specific to your needs and our advisers will give time and support in order to help you become debt free and more secure financially.
When you call we will take some details (name, address, date of birth) and a brief summary of what your enquiry is about. You will be allocated an advisor who will be your main point of contact. We keep all your information safe and secure (more information about that here)
We realise talking about money is difficult, but we are not here to judge – we are here to help. Advice is available in person by appointment, over the phone, or by email.
What to expect from our advice process
- We will make sure you understand the whole process before we start.
- You can talk through your circumstances with our advisers who will support you in assessing your income and exploring options for increasing this where possible.
- We will move on to offer budgeting advice, including essential bills and how to reduce spending
- If you owe money the next stage will be to advise about the debts that have the biggest consequences if you don’t pay them
- We will then look at the other debts and look at all the options for resolving your debts will be discussed with you and you can decide the best way forward.
This process may take several appointments to ensure you have control over your finances, enabling you to remain debt free in the future.
CHAT is a Community Money Advice centre and you can find more information by following this link from their website:
CHAT is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority