Our foodbank is much in demand at the moment. If you are able to help please drop off at our office (open hours 9:30 – 4:30 Mon – Fri) or use the donation boxes in Tiverton at Reapers, Lidl, Morrisons, One-stop Cowleymoor and Tesco. One or two extra items in your shopping basket makes a big difference to one of our clients. There are also many local collection points and we are grateful to those who organise this for us.
We know many more people will need our Support and Advice in in the coming months so when people visit us for help with food we also ask how we can best help them on an ongoing basis. Every client is treated as an individual and receive a warm welcome from our reception hosts.
If you are not visiting supermarkets at the moment here are other ideas of how to donate
- you can arrange a supermarket delivery to our office
- make a financial donation – if you would like us to use that to buy food supplies please let us know
- Download the bankthefood app
- Follow our facebook page for our current shortages
Here are a few ways you can help us financially
Sign up to give a regular sum to CHAT, monthly, quarterly or annually, anything from £10 upwards, to become a Giver of Hope and support our vital work.
Donating regularly through a bank is an easy and cost-effective way of supporting us. Most importantly it provides us with regular income, ensuring we can plan ahead and use the money where it can best support the work.
You can return this form to CHAT, Coggan’s Well House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton EX16 6LU or contact the office for more information.
To give a one off donation please call in to the office or make a BACS transfer to Churches Housing Action Team.
After Giver of Hope this is the next best way to ensure we receive all of your donation
If you are a taxpayer please consider filling out our online Gift Aid form which helps us get 20% back from the government.
Note: When donating by card or Paypal, they take around 1.4% + £0.20 for every donation.
Other Ways to Donate
- At present we are unable to accept any more donations of bedding (we’ve run out of storage space!). We are always grateful for sleeping bags.
- Sign up with Amazon Smile and search for Churches Housing Action Team (Mid Devon) Limited.
- Raise money for CHAT each time you shop by signing up with easyfundraising.
- If you have large appliances or other household items including cutlery and crockery that you wish to donate, please get in touch with us here.