Coronavirus (COVID-19): CHAT update.
The foodbank is still operating and is here to help if you live in Mid Devon.
Even if you have never used a foodbank before you may find yourself needing our help. There are many different reasons you may need to call us:
- Unexpected change of circumstances
- Isolation and unable to get food any other way
- Universal Credit delay/changeover
- Priority debts to be paid
We have suspended our usual voucher system. Please call us on 01884 255606 between 10:00 -12:00 and we will talk to you about how we can help.
When you call we will:
- Ask you some questions about why you need our help
- Treat you with dignity
- Talk to you about what items you may need
- Ask you what cooking facilities you have
- See if there is anything else we can help you with
- If we can help we will arrange delivery of 7 days worth of food. We may refer you to a closer foodbank if that is easier for you.
It may be appropriate to refer you for further help with different agencies or help you with debt and money advice.