Our foodbank is operating and is here to help if you live in Mid Devon.
Even if you have never used a foodbank before you may find yourself needing our help. There are many different reasons you may need to call us:
- Unexpected change of circumstances
- Isolation and unable to get food any other way
- Benefit delay or changeover to universal credit
- Relationship breakdown meaning income greatly reduced
- Struggling with debts
- Children home over the school holidays
We’ve had to make some changes to our foodbank because of Covid-19. You cannot turn up at our office without an appointment so if you need food you need to contact us in plenty of time. Please call us on 01884 255606 between 10:00 -12:00 Monday – Friday and we will assess you situation and talk to you about how we can help.
If you have no credit then you can email us your number and we will call you.
Please remember: we will not be able to organise food for the same day and can only take enquiries for food between 10:00 -12:00 Monday – Friday.
When you call we will complete a telephone assessment. By asking these questions we get the full picture and can help you in the best possible way and you will be treated with dignity.
- Ask you some questions about why you need our help
- Talk to you about what items you may need and what cooking facilities you have
- Ask you about your income
- We will want to see if there is anything else we can help you with
- If we can help we will offer a support pack (which is enough for 7 days) and explain how to get further help if you need it
- By asking these questions we can understand how best to help you, but also gain an important statistics about foodbank use in our area.
If we can help, we will pack some food and arrange a delivery day or collection slot. We aim to to this as quickly as possible – but always within 2 working days.
We will also talk to you about how we can help you manage in the future because we know a foodbank is not a long term solution.
It may be appropriate to refer you for further help with different agencies or help you with debt and money advice.