Free Impartial Advice
We provide free, impartial and confidential advice on housing problems across the Mid Devon area.
We can advise on all housing issues, particularly those affecting you as a tenant or as an owner occupier.
We work with people who are:
- Threatened with homelessness
- Those who are working with MDDC or other agencies.
- Living in substandard or overcrowded accommodation
- Sleeping rough or on someone’s floor
- Escaping domestic abuse
- Living in temporary accommodation
- Being released from prison, youth offenders’ institution, or discharged from hospital without an address.
Advice is available in person, over the phone, or by email, and our advisors can act on your behalf, with your signed permission, where necessary.
We can help by:
- Acting as your advocate
- Setting up Tenancy Support or putting you in touch with our Debt Advisors
- Liaising with other agencies
- Helping you find somewhere suitable to live
- Negotiating with your Landlord
- Signposting you to other agencies if we cannot help
CHAT advisors can meet you during our office hours at a time that works well for you or if it is difficult for you to get to Tiverton we can sometimes meet clients in Cullompton or Crediton by appointment.
Please phone or use our Contact Form to email us in advance to arrange a mutually convenient time.