How You Can Help Us
CHAT needs to maintain a fund of £15,000 to support the Deposit Guarantees that we provide to landlords on behalf of our clients
CHAT relies on donations to enable us to provide emergency accommodation and financial assistance in cases of severe hardship
We welcome all opportunities to talk to local groups, anywhere in Mid Devon, about the issues of homelessness, the work that we do and the difference being made through our involvement with the wider community. Please invite us to come and talk to you.
Download our latest newsletter: newsletter june 2019
Membership of CHAT
Churches and Individuals may become members of CHAT. As a member you will be entitled to vote at CHAT’s Annual General Meeting, helping to determine the future of the charity. You will also be sent copies of our periodic newsletter to keep you up to date with all our activities.
- Giving – Become a Giver of Hope by making a monthly donation of £10 or more by Standing Order: Standing Order Mandate & Gift Aid Declaration 1115
- Support us each time you shop on-line by signing up to easyfundraising: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/churcheshousingactionteamchat/
- CHAT is registered with Amazon Smile (easyfundraising can no longer be used for Amazon purchases). To sign up, go to https://smile.amazon.co.uk/, search for Churches Housing Action Team (Mid Devon) Ltd and follow the instructions. You can also set up a Smile account with CHAT on the Amazon phone app
- Make a Donation with Gift Aid.
- Raise money by organising an event for us.
- Legacies – Individuals can name CHAT as a beneficiary in their Will, leaving a legacy that will benefit local people in the future.
Volunteering – Donate a little of your time to participate in the work of CHAT. Training and support are provided.
Food – Donations of dried, tinned and long life food stuff, toiletries and household cleaning items are always appreciated to help those on very meagre budgets, especially food that needs no cooking for those without kitchen facilities. For a list of suggestions click Supermarket List 2018
Meal Vouchers – Vouchers can be purchased at New Creation Book and Coffee Shop, Bampton Street, Tiverton and donated to CHAT for distribution to those in need of a hot meal.
Tents and Sleeping Bags – Throughout the year we give tents and sleeping bags to homeless clients as part of our Hardship Fund whilst we work to help them find a home. We rely on donations for these.
Household Goods – Household items such as crockery, pots and pans, bedding and curtains to help clients setting up in new accommodation are also appreciated. Please phone us first if you’d like to donate bedding as we have limited storage.
As we are always striving to improve our service, we welcome all feedback. Constructive criticism and encouragement are both equally informative.
Confidential prayer partners support CHAT’s work. Please contact CHAT if you are interested in participating in this way.
Contact us by email or call 01884 255606