April 2018 – March 2019
We now have 30 volunteers working with us at Churches Housing Action Team in Devon.
Here’s an overview showing the range of support we have delivered to people in need within the Mid-Devon region:
- 508 clients
- 33 debt cases
- 26% of our clients have dependent children, 22% are over 50, 16% are under 25
- 322 clients seen this year had not sought our advice previously
- 52% of clients we worked with have mental health issues
- 17% also had issues with drug or alcohol misuse
- 101 clients supported to stay in their tenancies
Homelessness is on the increase
It is very difficult to find precise figures for people who are experiencing extreme difficulties as regards their housing. However, figures produced by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (published for Q1 of 2019), showed an increase of 10.7% (total 70,430) nationally, on the previous quarter (63,620) of households initially assessed as threatened with homelessness or being homeless.