Our aim, as far as possible, is to help tenants to continue living in their existing accommodation. If you are finding it hard to pay your rent, or need some help retaining your tenancy for any other reason in Mid Devon you may benefit from tenancy support.
Our Advisors can offer short and long term assistance helping where needed to enable you to make a success of your tenancy. We can also help you if you have a new tenancy and need some help getting everything sorted.
CHAT advisors can meet you during our office hours at a time that works well for you and are also able to do home visits if coming to Tiverton is difficult.
The sort of help we can give may include:
- Establishing a new home
- Sorting our utilities
- Making sure all benefits entitlements are applied for
- CMA debt advisors can help you with budgeting and debts advice
- Completing forms
- Applying for grants & loans
- Helping you access appropriate services, such as getting back to work or college, or other agencies
- Accessing services to help manage anxieties or addictions
- Dealing with your landlord
- Support and advice at meetings